From the IL list serve:

http://www.birdingamerica.com/ivorybilledwoodpecker.htm

If true, and it appears that it is, this is the most exciting bird news of
my life.  I received the following from George Fenwick, President of the
American Bird Conservancy.   My guess is you'll see this on the front page
of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and other dailies in the next
few days.

Donnie Dann

From: George Fenwick [mailto:gfenwick AT abcbirds.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:58 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: Fw: ivory-billed story on web

Thanks Jane.  I've gotten about a dozen calls or emails about this, and
there is word there will be national press either tonight or tomorrow.  I've
still not heard or seen proof, but everyone I have spoken to believes this
is real.

 check this out...
http://www.birdingamerica.com/ivorybilledwoodpecker.htm

Jane Fitzgerald
American Bird Conservancy
Central Hardwoods Joint Venture Coordinator
8816 Manchester suite 135
Brentwood, MO 63144
314-918-8505
jfitzgerald AT abcbirds.org