Stopped by Tower Grove Park in St. Louis during my lunch hour. A decent
amount of birders there, but relatively few birds. I saw first hand:
1 - male scarlet tanager (Gaddy Bird Garden)
1 - black and white warbler (grove east of Gaddy garden)
1 - male rose-breasted grosbeak (grove)
1 - yellow-rumped warbler (grove)
1 - ruby-crowned kinglet (grove)
3-4 - chipping sparrows
Also heard one Eastern towhee.
Second hand reports were that a waterthrush is hanging around in the Gaddy
Bird Garden and a pine warbler is in the Cypress Circle.
Also, I stopped by yesterday evening at the Sauget marsh in Illinois. There
I saw red-winged blackbirds, a family of Canada geese, one brown thrasher, a
black-crowned night heron in flight, barn swallows, three great egrets and
three little blue herons. On the drive home down Interstate 55-70, I first
saw a group of three black-crowned night herons fly overhead and a then a
group of four more of them.

Later,
Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.