I birded the wetland this morning. In one small marshy area on the north end,I saw one each; American Bittern, Black-crowned Night Heron, Great Blue Heron, Virginia Rail, Sora[and heard others], Marsh Wren and Kingfisher. There were also several Coots, PB Grebes, and Blue-winged Teal.

 There were about 250 shorebirds in the pool north of hyw 190. They were almost all Yellowlegs or Pectoral Sandpipers. Did see a couple of Bairds, one Spotted, and a Solitary. One AM Pipit was feeding along the shoreline. They all scattered when a Peregrine flew over. A short time later an Osprey hovered over the pool for awhile before moving on.

There were 100+ Pelicans in the pool east of the dirt road. Many Tree Swallows, some Barn Swallows, Purple Martins, and Chimney Swifts were feeding over the water. A pair of adult Bald Eagles were working together over the north end of this pool. Reminded me of N Harriers as they were flying only a few feet above the marsh. Many Teal, Gadwall, and N Shovelers are in that area. Saw one Ruddy Duck also. Didn't see any of the raptors catch anything.

 Flushed a hen Turkey that flew off a nest with eggs in the grassy area on the east side. Kicked up about 50 Snipe along a shallow pool nearby. Saw flock of four Lark Sparrows, lots of Savannah, some Swamp, Song,White-throated, and Grasshopper Sparrows. Heard Yellow Warbler, Warbling Vireo, and Baltimore Oriole.

 When I got home a Eurasion-collored Dove flew from the feeder in the backyard.

 Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe dmkinder@ yahoo.com