One of the most educational (and inspirational) speakers during my tenure as President of East Ozarks Audubon Society was a gentleman (apologies...the name eludes me) from the LAD Foundation who spoke of the innovative and visionary resource management techniques of the Pioneer Forest. As a birder/conservationist, I salute the efforts of the LAD Foundation in maintaining this crucial habitat.
Doug Willis
Kansas City, MO