While walking my dog yesterday morning and early afternoon (about the only birdwatching I can fit into my schedule), I observed the following species just in one backyard:
      -Cardinal
      -Robin
      -Starling
      -Common Grackle
      -Yellow-shafted Flicker
      -Downy Woodpecker
      -White-throated Sparrow
      -House Sparrow
      -House Finch
      -Junco
      ....and most interesting, not usually birds I notice in suburban backyards
                    -Brown Thrasher (two of them)
                    -Eastern Towhee

Heather Clenin
Columbia, MO