Announcing Columbia Audubon Society Field Trip, Monday, May 2, 2005.

Trip Leader:  Edge Wade, [log in to unmask]        445-6697.

Looking for warblers, vireos, and other spring migrants.

Beginning and experienced birders are welcome.  The trip focus will be
on how to locate and identify spring migrants.

We will meet at the Devil's Ice Box Parking Lot, Rock Bridge Memorial
State Park (on Hwy. 163 south of Columbia, Boone Co.).

Time:  7:15 a.m.
We will bird the parking lot and then walk a short distance to the north
along the bottomland, return to the lot and walk the green-signed
Sinkhole Trail.

Walking is easy to (a small stretch) moderate.

Suggested items to bring:  binoculars, water, insect repellent, hat,
sunscreen, field guide.

Anticipated end time is about 10:30, but this will depend on weather and
bird presence.  Anyone may return to the lot before the group if we are
staying too long.

Participants are invited to "brunch" at a nearby restaurant after the
walk--simple fare, sandwiches or Mexican, depending on group's wishes.

Carl Gerhardt has invited the group to extend the trip by coming to his
home near Easley to enjoy birds there.  I will be unavailable for this
extension, but others are certainly encouraged to take Carl up on the
offer.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO