I am from Toronto Canada but will be visiting St.
Joseph quite frequently the next few months.

Thought I would share a few sightings from today.

At Honey Creek , towhees, eastern bluebirds and field
sparrows all singing actively. Northern rough winged
and tree swallows in small numbers. Both golden
crowned [several] and ruby crowned [one] kinglets and
a hermit thrush. Large numbers of flickers in
migration. A barred owl calling mid-morning.

At Squaw Creek. 19 species of waterfowl including a
female common goldeneye that might be a bit late in
the season, also a beautiful light phase rough-legged
hawk that might also be a bit of a late migrant. Only
50 or so snow geese left, and no pelicans.

cheers

Jerry