I birded Cooley Lake CA in Clay County this morning for about 2 hours. Great morning to be out. Highlights were:

American White Pelican - 40
Black-crowned Night-Heron - 1 FOY
American Golden Plover - 108 counted (I am sure there were more)
Wilson's Snipe - 218 counted (I am definitely sure there were more)
Lesser Yellowlegs - 35
Greater Yellowlegs - 16
Pectoral Sanpiper - 50+
Baird's Sandpiper - 8
Vesper Sparrow - 8

Harris' and White-crowned Sparrows all throughout refuge.

Good Birding,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.