Jeff Wright and I birded Squaw Creek NWR on our way to see the sandhill
cranes yesterday morning. When we arrived we found four Harris' sparrows and
a Swainson's hawk at the headquarters. We also found several horned grebes
(some in full breeding plumage), both yellowlegs species, a white-rumped
sandpiper, pectoral sandpipers, Baird's sandpipers, and lots of snipe.

Ryan Douglas
Kirksville, MO