This may be the year Bewick's Wrens come back to St. Louis.  In addition to the other sightings, I saw one on private land in Jefferson County Sunday 3-27 northwest of Cedar Hill.  This morning I saw another one, and possibly two, on the Fabick Property in Fenton, MO.  There were also 5 N. Rough-wings flying over the large pond.

In addition last Sunday, I also flushed a covey of Bobwhites totalling 20-30 birds on the same piece of property.

The Fabick Property is land owned by the City of Fenton.  It can be reached by taking the river road from I-44 to Larkin Williams past Fenton Park to where it makes a right-angle curve.  Instead, go straight on Fabick Lane, which will take you to a parking lot, from which you can walk up the hill to the house and greenhouse where the wrens were, or on around to the big pond where the swallows were.

Tom Bormann
Fenton, St. Louis Co., MO