Highlights at Busch Wildlife this morning included a Bewick's Wren beating up on a small butterfly and an unusual Mallard swimming in Shop Lake near the entrance to Busch.

This male was irredescent green over most of his plumage.  No chesnut and no white feathers.  His back was a greenish/black and his sides were blackish.  Since he did not fly I do not know what his underside looked like.  He had a very curly tail.  I'm guessing a Mallard/Black Duck hybrid, but don't know because I've never seen a Mallard quite like this one.  The bird was on the east end of the lake.
Marc Lund

The information contained in this message is attorney privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to his e-mail address noted above and delete the message.  Thank you.