Mobirders,

Today when I got home from work I had a brown wren skulking around in the boxwoods in my front yard.  I thought to myself, very quickly, "that is an odd place for a Carolina Wren" as I walked quickly into the house.  I had just assumed Carolina because they are often in my yard, but at the same time I never had seen one skulking in the boxwoods before, so I thought that to be a bit strange.

From home I left again, out to pick up my kiddos up from school this time....When I arrived back home this time there it was again!!  Only this time it decided to chatter at me.  I knew it was not the chatter of a Carolina, so I quickly began pishing at it.  The kids have learned at this point in their lives to continue to move on into the house and that Dad will eventually catch up with them.   It flew straight across my driveway into some yucca plants and still continued to chatter.  I was pretty sure I was seeing what I thought I was, but not believing it at all!  Next though it hopped up on the hood of my truck with its white cornered tail sticking straight up in the air---Allowing the first decent look at it...  I could not believe it, a BEWICK'S WREN was sitting on the hood of my truck in my driveway.  It eventually flew across the street to the neighbors yard and was not observed again tonight.....None the less--Another great yard bird...It must be a good year for them in the
 St. Louis area!!

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO