I hit the park before work this morning and found the three owlets and one
adult great horned owl all in the same tree in the area where the Solodars
and Jackie Chain found them yesterday.

The Gaddy Bird Garden had:
5 - yellow-rumped warblers
2 - male eastern towhees
several flickers
several brown thrashers
several yellow-bellied sapsuckers
a few ruby crowned kinglets
1 - winter wren
2 - hermit thrushes
(I didn't stay long)

Before then I had stopped at Horseshoe Lake State Park, Ill.
Duck variety there has lessened. Aside from coots, shovelers, gadwall,
blue-winged teal and mute swans remain at the Route 111 boat ramp. The white
pelicans that were there are gone.
At Eagle Park off Route 203, the same ducks and also ring-necked ducks,
lesser scaup and ruddy ducks remain.
Down Bend Road off Route 203, I saw one adult and two young ring-necked
pheasants and many Brewer's blackbirds. I didn't continue past the railroad
tracks.
All of the duck species are at greatly lessened numbers than they were just
a few days ago (except the coots).
At Indian Lake (former golf course off Collinsville Road), there was one
male wood duck and about a half dozen little blue herons.

Later,
Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.