Rick,

I don't know if you mean 'amazing transformation'
seriously or in jest.  I remember having read quite a
few limericks of Waste Land online that were more
striking (I will see if I can pull them from the web).

Somehow such limericks remind me of the late night
shows of Jay Leno in which serious international
affairs are ridiculed !

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/859.html