A group made up of Springfield and Joplin birders visited the home of one of my friends located on the Elk River near Southwest City (Southwest City is the extreme southwest corner of Missouri.)   The home is on a very high bluff looking down on Elk River and providing a great panaromac view to the northeast.  A pair of Bald Eagles are attempting to build a nest in a very tall Sycamore tree just below the bluff from his home.  We were able to watch the eagles looking from nearly straight down into their nest site.  It was raining most of the day but you could view the Eagles from the comfort of being inside of the home which has an awesome "Great Room."  It was nice to be able to sit on a couch in dry comfort and do a day of birding watching the two builders plus a few other roaming eagles and copulating Red-tailed Hawks on a fence post.  It was the essence of being "Elitest couch potato birders."

Also, we have a nesting pair of Bald Eagles which have built their nest about three miles west of Fellow's Lake on the north side of Springfield.  I have been viewing the nest site one or more times each day for the past week.  Today, an eagle flew to the nest and then to appear to settle down in the nest in such a way it appeared it may be starting to incubate eggs.

I still have about thirty or so P Finches at my feeders each day.  No Great Gray Owls or Hawk Owls.

Charley
Greene County
Greater Ozarks Audubon