As I worked on one of my son's eagle project Saturday in Plattsburg, I noticed the first of the year Turkey Vultures had arrived.  That night, we had woodcocks peenting down from my house.

 On Sunday, I went out late afternoon as the rain started and only found 31 Redheads and 1 Bufflehead on a small pond on the west side of Smithville Lake.  They were close to the Hwy "F" so we had excellent looks.  Then, as I let the dogs out that night I heard the spring peepers were calling behind my house.  Always a sure sign spring is peeping just around the corner!!

Terry L. Miller
Kearney HS
Clay Co., MO