American Woodcocks were "beenting" and displaying last night at  Busch.  I
found them in the field just north of Lake 36.   I  watched two on the ground
from about 50 yds. just before dark and heard probably  6-8 in the surrounding
area.  Their display could be seen and heard from  that area too.  You could
park in the lot for lake 36 and look in the field  to the north east or go past
the entrance to lake 36 to the next road on the  right.  There is a small
parking area on the left just past this  road.  The field they were in last night
is south of the second road  looking toward lake 36.  Great views of them
strutting on the ground and  displaying.

Pat Lueders