I stopped out at Little Prairie last evening before sunset and the largest gull I have ever seen was just lifting out of the lake, I have never seen wings that large on a gull they looked to be two foot long. The gull in the water then met up with another one flying about, their wings were black with white borders and large very noticeable white spots on the wing tip and very large yellow bill with a red spot. They circled and flew directly overhead (I am still in awe of their size) and their voice was a very low and coarse, kaw, kraw, almost like a growl as they headed north.

Woodcocks were peenting last evening and one errant bird fluttered right over where I stood. There were a number of Barred Owls calling, and some Canada Geese flew in later. Peepers were out also.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO