Woodcocks are still in abundance at Big Creek Conservation Area.  I went out
with my girlfriend tonight to try and find some mammal tracks/get her a
lifer.  There seemed to be more activity, with two to three birds roding at
the same time in close proximity to one another.  We even got about 15
meters away from  one while it called.
Jeff Wright
Kirksville, MO