My plan for today was to visit Swan Lake NWR, Pershing SP, and Fountain
Grove CA, but I never made it past Swan Lake. I spent a couple hours
(11:30am-1:30pm) there today and saw a total of 40 species (41 on the day,
counting one Eurasian Collared-Dove on the TSU campus this morning). The
highlights were a pair of trumpeter swans, a handful of Ross's geese mixed
in with a large group of snow geese and 11 species of duck.The blackbirds,
bluebirds, and killdeer were out singing/calling much of the time I was there.

Ryan Douglas
Kirksville, MO