I visited Bilby Ranch WA (Nodaway Co.) briefly in the morning today
(02/24/04). Nice assortment of waterfowl plus some other birds.

Birds seen:

Snow goose

Greater white-fronted goose

Canada goose

Mallard

American wigeon

Gadwall

Northern pintail

Wood duck

Lesser scoup

Common merganser

Hooded merganser

Common goldeneye

There were more divers on the west side of the lake that I did not have time
to scope.

Also:

Killdeer - pair on territory

Bald eagle

Northern harrier

Red-tailed hawk

American kestrel

Horned lark

Red-winged blackbirds - males on territory

Song sparrow - singing

Western meadowlark

Later,

Peter Kondrashov, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Department of Biology

Northwest Missouri State University

Phone: (660) 562-1604

Fax:(660) 562-1188