Lots of waterfowl on the refuge today. More Dabbling Ducks and fewer divers, most of the Goleneye and Common Mergansers have left. About 70 White Pelicans have come in. Two Trumpeter Swans remain and saw four North of 36 Hwy at Pershing SP.
  Saw the flock of around 50 Lapland Longspurs Myrna Carlton, who I ran into down there had found earlier.  Some of the other birds seen today -

Bald Eagle
Am Black Duck
Woodcock
Winter Wren
GC Kinglet
Fox Sparrow
 Purple Finch

Grand River Audubon Chapter is having our annual fieldtrip to view returning Waterfowl this Saturday, March 5th. We will be going to Fountain Grove CA, Swan Lake and possible other nearby areas. For anyone wanting to join us we will be leaving at 8AM from the parking lot on the east side of the Grand River Inn. This is located at the south end of Chillicothe.

 Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe  660-646 6516  cell - 660-247-0071