My wife and I use them while on our farm.  They are much more reliable
than our cell phones when we are at opposite ends.

A couple suggestions:

1) Stay w/Motorola

2) Think hard about getting the "5-Mile" radios.

If the units at Wally World are "5-Mile" units grab them!  If not, I'd
recommend thinking about spending another $20.00-$30.00 (if it's in the
budget)and go for the stronger units.  I've seen the 5-mile units at
Dick's and Cabela's, Office Max (go figure) and other store for as low as
$49.00, but usually $59.00.  This was over the Christmas holiday season.

We've used these radios for years.  The first set(s) were the "2-Mile"
range units and they were found to be a bit weak...sometimes very weak
depending upon the terrain.

Even the "5-Mile" units will just barely work from corner-to-corner of our
quarter-section farm...that's not close to 5 miles.

If you are always on flat ground with little vegetation, the 2-Mile radios
will probably do fine.

Just my .02

Bob Foreman