Having lost my FRS radio about 3 months ago and finally got tired of waiting
for it to show back up - the Motorola Talkabout T5000 is currently on sale
at Wal-mart Supercenter, 2 radios for $29.95.  Don't owned stock, etc. --
just LOVE to have birders a field using these radios!  Take a buddy, split
the cost, and have fun leading a caravan of birders through a conservation
area.

Think I'll try mine tomorrow at Grand Pass CA.

Today at Bradford Farm (Boone County), we had 6 Harriers in an aerial
dogfight with about 20 crows. Good comparison of male, female, and imm.
male.  The Eastern Bluebirds at Little Dixie CA (Callaway County) sure are
putting on their colors.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO