I will co-lead a Columbia Audubon Society field trip to Eagle Bluffs CA this
Saturday (19 February). Meet at the parking lot for the Katy Trail access at
McBaine (Rt K) at 7 am. We will first see what is in wetlands cell near that
parking lot.

Heard brief and half-hearted peenting by an American woodcock on a neighbor's
property near Easley on Monday (14 Feb) near dusk. There has been nothing
especially interesting to report from here this winter - numerous purple
finches, regular golden-crowned kinglets, and a couple of sapsuckers that
stayed for most of the winter.