This did not suprise me.
Bob

May I suggest someone posting some guildlines of common sense?  The only
SAW-WHET I
have ever seen was a Carlyle many years ago and I received similiar
directions (and
it was flagged at the site), but this was prior to the internet.  Since
this list
serve encourages precise directions for a rare bird perhaps the exceptions
should be
noted.  The reasons are understandable (for the bird), but not all of us
know the
rules of the inner circle.

Thanks,
Steve Griffaw
St Charles

Charlene and Jim Malone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
IL birds:
After reading a recent post and e-mailing Dan Kassebaum, I feel that I need
to post this warning and recommendation:
PLEASE DO NOT post EXACT locations of the Saw-whets at Carlyle Lake, IL on
Mobirds, IBET or any other listserve now or ever in the future. PERIOD.
In the future, please use a little common sense when it comes to winter
roosting owls.
The stakes and flags are being pulled now at Carlyle, so any directions
given out will be useless.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

P.S. And if anyone is going to flame me for drawing attention to Dan's
website, then flame away, or better yet, don't waste your time.
This is not a subject that would even register a blip on my radar screen
these days.
Have a nice day! :-) - insipid smiley face just for those that hate them.
;-)

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://www.mobirds.org *