To address a few points:
1) People not signing their msgs fully
If you are going to flame someone please at least sign you full name and
location.

2) Berating???!!.....sigh
That was nuthin'.
Sorry I forgot the smiley faces in my post.
Was trying to leave them out since they were deemed  "insipid".
But seriously.........
Dare say, if certain others wrote this same msg in the very same tone, there
would not be anything said in response. (the examples are overflowing in my
head)

3) Owl Etiquette
Discussed too many times on here and other listserves, so it should not need
to be repeated.
i.e. the NE MO Saw-whet owl/broken tree limbs incident of  few years
ago........Need I say more?
If you need a refresher course on owl etiquette, do a google search, find a
mentor, read a book.
"How to Spot an Owl, by Pat and Clay Sutton is a good start. They are the
experts, so see what they have to say about owls and winter roosts. (Um.
Don't
think it is the same as has stated as being fact in another poster's msg)

4) Elitism/inner circle "stuff"
SIGH
The issue was not letting others in on the location of THESE owls, the issue
was, not to post on the LISTSERVE, a WORLDWIDE MESSAGE BOARD, of the exact
locations. Anyone and everyone can read these posts - ethical birder or not,
kids out for a thrill, collectors, etc.
I never once in that message said that an owl sighting should not be shared
with another birder, so please refrain from perpetuating this fabrication in
my name.
Those that bother to take even the least notice know that I have done more
than my part to share with birders (newbie and experienced alike) bird
sightings and any other information requested.
To even remotely infer that I am part of an "elitist group" or "inner
circle"  'cause I don't share sightings or help out newbie birders is just
laughable.
(while I am thinking about it - MO Elitist Birders : The meeting has been
changed to next Sunday, not his coming Sunday.....Ooops...... wrong
listserve!)

Anyway.......I digress.

If you all want to discuss this ad nauseum, go for it  (No Full Moon to
blame it on though)
With all due respect, I have several more pressing issues to deal with than
this
hackneyed topic.
One right now.......got to get out of the neighbor's "fumes" before the
asthma attack gets worse.

Go find some birds.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.