If anyone is interested in taking the trip to catch sight of these Great
Grey Owls, I would suggest the link below. It provides information about MN
owls and links to local bird forums in the state reporting on the Great Grey
Owl invasion (2000 count this year; five time the most ever recorded!) Areas
around Duluth, MN (a port city of Lake Superior, 160 mi. north of
Minneapolis) has been a good spot.

http://www.lauraerickson.com/Birds/GotOwls.html

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO