I went to Big Creek CA near Kirksville, MO this evening from about
5pm-6:20pm. I saw several singing eastern bluebirds a few Canada geese, and
hundreds of migrating snow geese. I also saw one barred owl (I heard at
least three). However, the highlight of the day for me was seeing my first
American woodcock. It flew past me at 6pm, landed in some brush about 30 ft.
away and called several times. I was unable to relocate it, nor did I hear
any others after.

Ryan Douglas
Kirksville, Missouri