This warmer weather seems to have inspired the Blue Bird - he wasn't really
"singing", more like just warming up his pipes.  It made me think of
looking at the Blue Bird house, to be sure it was cleaned out last
Fall.  When I opened the door, a Flying Squirrel popped his head out!   I
know they have a reputation for eating bird eggs, etc., but their big brown
eyes and soft looking fur - they are enchanting creatures.
Another thought about keeping quiet about rare birds - for the second time
since January 1, there's been a Bald Eagle shot (killed) in Pulaski
County.  There's a reward for information, so there's probably going to be
someone ID'd as the shooter,   but it points out there's stupid,
irresponsible people.  I'd think two or three times about letting anyone
know exactly where there was a special bird - particularly if they were
nesting.   But, I have to admit when I found out the neighbor about 1/2
mile up the road didn't let me know when she watched a rare bird at her
feeder,  my nose was a little out of joint!!

							Ann Wethington
							N. Phelps County