I think the problem with modern "Academia" lies not with the knowledge that Academia has to offer or the knowledge that it is willing to dispense to the country or world at large but with the perception that the Professors who make up Academia have created some sort of isolated society, which is anti-U.S. government, no matter what the issue, and Academia has suffered from this perception.