I think the problem with modern "Academia" lies not with the knowledge that
Academia has to offer or the knowledge that it is willing to dispense to  the
country or world at large but with the perception that the  Professors who
make up Academia have created some sort of isolated society,  which is anti-U.S.
government, no matter what the issue, and Academia has  suffered from this
perception.

In a message dated 2/23/2005 12:30:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,