Not much work today to do.  I could return to the list
again and I will ramble a little, though on the
context of what Eliot wrote of Lawrence.

"One writer, and indeed, in my opinion, the most
> interesting novelist
>    in England--who has apparently been somewhat
> affected by Dostoevsky,
>    is Mr D. H. Lawrence"

Lawrence did openly acknowledge his indebtedness to
the Russian Novelists.  He was terribly fascinated by
the 'Grand Inquisitor' episode of 'The Karamazov
Brothers' in which Ivan humiliates Jesus Christ
through the imaginary dialogue between the Grand
Inquisitor (which is Ivan, and in turn, Dostoevsky
himself) and he wrote a long note on this episode as
to how much profound it was but at the same time how
much repulsive it could as well be, for it came from
an artist who had his ‘solar plexus’ and the ‘Lumbar
ganglion’ severed up so much (to use Lawrence’s own
terms) that he ceased to be an artist and had to
pretend to be one with his ‘Satanic Pose’.  ‘My heart
sinks through my shoes’, he said whenever he read
Dostoevsky in his later years.

That Eliot could relate Dostoyevsky when he spoke of
Lawrence is interesting to me precisely because of
what Lawrence thought of Russian Literature,
Dostoevsky in particular.  ‘Russian art, Russian
literature after all does not stand on the same
footing as European or Greek or Egyptian art. It is
not spontaneous utterance. It is not the flowering of
a race. It is a surgical outcry, horrifying, or
marvellous, lacerating at first; but when we get used
to it, not really so profound, not really ultimate, a
little extraneous…’ he said, in his foreword to Lev
Shestov’s ‘All things are possible’
(http://www.angelfire.com/nb/shestov/all/all_02.html
).  The influence of Dostoevsky (and of Russian
Literature in general) that Eliot makes an inference
to appears to me to make more sense in understanding
Eliot’s judgment of Lawrence.

- vishvesh