From: Katrin Sieg <[log in to unmask]>

EXTENDED DEADLINE

*Modern Lanaguage Association
December 27-30, 2005, Washington, DC*

*The Gender of War: Jelinek
**Session sponsored by the Coalition of Women in German//*

            Elfriede Jelinek made an important contribution to a
feminist critique connecting masculinity, war and terror, and
globalization. We seek papers that investigate these connections in
her work since 1990 from a variety of theoretical perspectives. We
especially encourage contributions focusing on her writing for the
theater and its dramaturgical challenges and innovations.

            Please send 100-word abstracts to both organizers by*
February 22, 2005*:

Katrin Sieg
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*and
*Brenda Bethman
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>