The water was low in Ellis Bay, with a few "islands" showing up. The  usual
ducks including the one male Common Merganser, Canvasbacks, Common  Goldeneye,
Gadwall were around mid-afternoon.  I was running late, so did  not scope.
The LTDU's might have been there, but I did not see them.

On the Illinois side at Alton Barge road were a few Canvasbacks,  Bufflehead
and Golden-eye.  The Long-tailed Ducks were not there. It looks  like a Bald
Eagle is starting to build a new nest across the road.  There  were lots of
Gadwall and two Green-winged Teal, my first of the year.  I  did not see any
Black Ducks.

There were a few very small flocks of Horned Larks along B and 94 in St
Charles County.  Two Collared Doves were at Payne. I stayed off the back  roads
because of ice.

Jackie Chain
St Charles County