Columbia Wetland Unit #2 has a lot of open water and was hosting probably
1,000 ducks or more - mostly Mallards and GW Teal.  They ALL flushed
(unfortunate incident - has been reported) before I had a chance to study
them and possibly pick out the Black Duck I was hoping for!

Two very beautiful Fox Sparrows on the Katy Trail.

I re-located Kathleen's suspicious Scaup - one male, two females.  I will
take Sibley at his word that you should never depend on a heavily diving
duck's head shape for ID (they were feeding constantly) - but I think they
could be Greater Scaup.  I kept hoping they would have to spread their wings
and shake off some water, but they just kept diving.  Hope some others get
to see them in a more relaxed state - there are also some Lesser Scaup
present, so don't give up too easily.

Four Short-eared Owls remain at Bradford Farms.  They came up at 5:20p, on
the north side of the road, west of the cross road.  They are such fun to
watch.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO