We began at Connie Alwood's house in search of his pine siskins. After  about
40 minutes, it was decided that the mild weather had sent the birds
elsewhere.  As we stepped outside, a chorus of starlings and one pine  siskin call
sent us back inside to check the backyard feeders. We left  with--Pine Siskins,
Am goldfinch, Starlings, Junco, Tufted Titmouse, House  Finch, Mockingbird,
Downy Woodpecker, Cardinal, Coopers Hawk.

At Riverlands we saw Canada Geese, Gadwall, Mallard, 3 Northern Pintail,
Canvasbacks, Ring-necked Ducks, Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, Hooded Merganser,
Common Merganser (finally in large numbers), a few Ruddy Ducks, 1 Green-winged
 Teal on the Illinois side), the 2 Am Pelicans that have stayed around, Great
 Blue Heron, many Bald Eagles on the ice and in trees on both sides, Northern
 Harrier, Am Kestrel, Ring-billed Gull, Herring Gull, Rock Pigeon, Mourning
Dove,  Meadowlark, Song Sparrow, White-crowned, Savannah, American Tree,
Eurasian Tree,  Red-bellied WP, Northern Flicker, American Crow, Horned Lark,
Carolina  Wren.

The Barkers reported one Tundra with the Trumpeter Swans that had departed
to feed by the time we arrived.  They also saw a Black Scoter in Ellis  Bay.

One car had no time restrictions and returned via Hwy 94.  What  appeared to
be an adult light-phase ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK was sitting on a meter  near the
turn-off to Raccoon Ranch on Portage Road.  An adult Red-tail was  nearby.

At the Angus barn at Church Road and Seeburger, we had a few Rusty
Blackbirds, at least one female Great-tailed Grackle, many Brown-headed  Cowbirds, a
few Red-winged Blackbirds, House Sparrows and Starlings.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County