I went out on Highway P northeast of Kirksville late this afternoon to see
if the owls I saw last December were still around. About 5:10pm I was
treated to a nice long look at one of the short-eared owls on a fence post
next to the highway. At least three owls were present tonight. At least one
of the two rough-legged hawks is also still in the area.

Other Birds Seen:
Dark-eyed Junco
Ring-necked Pheasant (4 males)
Horned Lark