Trying Again.

See message below. Susan
----- Original Message -----
From: Susan Hazelwood
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 10:59 PM
Subject: Operational Problems w/ Listserve

All,

MU's Information and Technology folks did a scheduled overhaul of several file servers on Sunday. Unfortunately a switch that was replaced failed later in the day. Lots of things crashed. I believe the technical folks thought the problems were resolved by mid-day today. But apparently all of the problems aren't solved as we're experiencing some problems with our list ... or maybe it is a separate set of problems. Our trouble center around posts being rejected, posts going through but the poster later getting a note that the post was rejected when it really wasn't, and with posts appearing twice when only sent once. You get the idea that fluttery things are happening.

I've sent a message to the technical support person for our list. He has worked hard to solve past problems and we hope that will be the result this time. Meanwhile, just bear with us. Go birding instead of reading the computer tomorrow.

Susan Hazelwood, MOBirds-L List Owner
Columbia, MO