The St. Louis Audubon trip stopped at Heron Pond today and saw many, many
small geese around 10:30 AM, but there were many mallards mixed in with them
and none of the canada geese were as small as the mallards.   Thus, we ruled
out any Cackling Geese.   (I'm already calling them Cacklers without having
seen one.

Mike Thelen counted about 45 or so swans, but we did not see any that were
clearly Tundras although one slightly smaller one gave me pause.

I left out of the overall report the fact that there were 3 pintails just
above the dam after having shown themselves in flight.

John Solodar