In a message dated 1/8/2005 6:16:15 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> As list owner I would request that this not become a discussion regarding
> the pros and cons of hunting. That is a subject on which many hold firm
> opinions and arguing them on this listserv doesn't change anyone's mind.
>
> A discussion on the biology/life history/reproductive success and failures
> of Snow Geese is acceptable and encouraged.
>
> Discussion of changes to the rules and regulations for use of our National
> Wildlife Refuges must tie back to wild birds, which is why we all subscribe
> to this listserve.

I posted the proposed hunt at Squaw Creek NWR just as an item of information.
I certainly did not intend to start a hotly contested debate on the forum.

I was hoping that members of this forum would relay their thoughts to the
managerial agencies for the US Fish and Wildlife Service.

I apologize if I "overstepped the bounds" set for MOBIRDS in regard to
subject matter.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County