Ditto to Edge's comments about the Lower Rio Grande Valley. I just got back from a 12 day trip to the valley and the number of birds was incredible. I ended up seeing Clay Colored Robins in 5 different locations (Frontera, 500 Rose Ellen, Santa Ana, Sabal Palm and Salineno). It just figures that a White-throated Robin would show up 2 days after I left.

If you have a chance, now is the time to go.

Good Birding,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
Mobirders,

First, a hearty congratulations to the hardy 10 who braved the throes of a
Minnesota winter and were rewarded with so many lifers.

If you are considering a trip in the near future, may I suggest the Rio
Grande Valley.

1. Multiple CLAY COLORED ROBINS are being seen. There are at least 4 at
Frontera Audubon Center in Weslaco. and one at the Williams home in Pharr.
2. Two male CRIMSON-COLLARED GROSBEAKS are also being seen at Frontera. A
female is at the Williams property.
3. The GREEN-BREASTED MANGO continues to visit a feeder in McAllen.
4. A female ROSE-BREASTED BECARD is present at the Williams property.
5. TROPICAL PARULAS are being seen at Frontera and at Santa Ana NWR.
6. The GRAY-CROWNED YELLOWTHROAT is being seen sporadically at Sabal Palm
Grove Sanctuary.
7. And the very best of the rarities present is at Frontera: a
WHITE-THROATED ROBIN, seen today at 3:35 p.m.

If you need further incentive, the temperature for the next week is
expected to be in the low 80s.

Edge Wade
Brownsville, TX

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://www.mobirds.org *