on 12/28/04 Susan Hazelwood wrote:

> I asked the county sheriff that question several months ago. His reply was
> "No! Don't go there!!!" He then went on to say that access that close to
> the
> dam was not allowed and was being carefully monitored since 9-11.
> Violators
> risk arrest.

Thanks for the warning, BUT..........

 If the PARADE of people (NOT including myself) that was on the dam walkway
on Sunday is an example of the Melvin Price Dam being "carefully monitored"
then heaven help us all!!

Security of any kind in this area is sorely lacking (i.e.. prostitutes and
"others" using this area year round as a "hook-up spot", druggies partying,
people dumping trash/dead & live animals/dead humans) UNTIL...... the eagle
watching season, when anyone parking over the white line on the edge of the
road or parking the wrong way best beware.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rodent's behind if birders can go on this
walkway or not, just would like to see some BALANCE and PRIORITIES set in
the way the rules and regulations are enforced out there.

Off my soapbox.......I'm outta' here.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.