MOBIRDS,

Marissa Ahlering and I birding Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area in southern Boone County yesterday (Tuesday, 14 December) between 2pm and 3pm.  Best birds were 2 adult Mute Swans, 1 female Ruddy Duck, 2 Green-winged Teal (male and female), and 1 female Scaup.  The scaup was distant, but I am fairly sure it was a Greater Scaup.  If anyone gets a better look at this bird let me know.

Plenty of other ducks, all Gadwall, Mallard, and Northern Shoveler.  Also lots of American Coots.  The typical assortment of raptors and sparrows were around.  As far as I know, Eagle Bluffs is only open from 1-3pm until hunting season ends, 28 Dec. I believe.

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher L. Merkord
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri
105 Tucker Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 USA
[log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]   573.882.4854
http://www.chrismerkord.com/