    I went by and was able to observe the hummer in Joplin this morning for about twenty minutes off and on. I had some pretty decent scope looks, and it appears to be a Selasphorus Sp., female or immature.  I'm leaning towards Rufus due to the length of tail extension beyond the wing tips.  Sibley's shows Rufus with a shorter extension than Allen's. However, I'm definitly no hummingbird expert. Someone was supposed to be coming to band it today, so maybe we will have a defnite I.D.  I just hope she/he hangs around till Sunday, weather permiting, and then is smart enough to head south.