Dear List,
           Today at the feeders I had two new, for me that is, birds.The
first Purple Finch and my first Carolina Wren visited the feeders today.
The cold seems to be bringing in more and more birds lately. I counted a
new record of twenty- five Goldfinches at one time. All of this activity
must be bringing in the more unusual birds.
                                    Bill
Texas County, Mo.