Dear List,
         Today took advantage of the nice weather to have a nice walk in
Texas County down aong Hwy. 63 to Arthur Creek. Not muc was happening
till I got to the first creek, Bender Creek, where "Capy", my friendly
Capybara is still hanging out. That creek is frozen over mostly but with
a few open areas. I did not see much bird life there though.
          Off to the next stream south called Arthur creek. As I was
approaching it a couple of White Tailed deer ran across the road. There
I ran into a Woodpecker convention of sorts. The tally from that creek was,
Pileaded Woodpeckers 2
Red Bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpeckers 5
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker 1
White Breasted Nuthatches 6
Brown Creeper 1
Eastern Bluebirds many
American Robin 1
Carolina Chickadee many
                    The Sapsucker was a lifer for me. I also found a
standing dead tree with obvious woodpecker holes in it which I can't
wait till spring to watch those Pileaded raising a brood. After that I
headed back home and was treated to a Red Tailed Hawk being mobbed by a
few Crows. All in all a nice walk.
                                          Bill
Texas County