I still don't have one party's tally sheet, but it looks like the meager
six birders who showed up will total around 80 species. However, it was a
grand count. Highlights included:

BLUE-HEADED VIREO (at Ten Mile Pond, about 3/4 mile west of headquarters)
MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD (along the road just south of the south boundary of Ten
Mile Pond Conservation Area, at the bridge over the ditch)
PALM WARBLER (TWO birds, at the SAME SITE AS THE BLUEBIRD)
(The latter two birds were photographed, and I have one photo with a the
bluebird in front of one of the Palm Warblers. As soon as I figure out how
to get them off my newer camera, I'll get them to Patrick for the website.)
American Pipits
Golden Eagle

If anyone is interested in trekking down to try and find the vireo,
bluebird, or warblers, contact me and I can give you more detailed directions.

Thanks to those intrepid, the proud, the few, and the loyal birders who
helped (Dennis Wheeler, Buzz Thompson, Randel Blankenship, Aaron Given, and
Scott Kelly).

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau