Mobirders:

I observed the juvenile BLACK CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD this morning (12/18) at the Asher's residence in Farmington, MO (St. Francois Co.).  In the two hours I sat observing the bird it fed about 4-5 times, for about a 30 seconds each time it made a trip to the feeder.  Other birds of note were 3-PINE SISKINS and 1-female PURPLE FINCH.  Hopefully the hummingbird will get out of town before the big cold front moves in tonight.

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO