Everyone is welcomed to make that long journey into the Bootheel tomorrow,
December 17, to participate in the Big Oak Tree State Park Christmas Bird
Count. Last year's count hit 90 species, so we need good birders to do better!

If you are interested, meet at McDonalds at 6 a.m. at the Charleston exit
on I-57. The McDonalds opens at 5:30 a.m., so we can eat breakfast and
decide who is going where. If you can't make it tomorrow, consider
Saturday, December 18, when the Mingo CBC occurs. Meet at 6 a.m. at the
restaurant in Puxico (turn off Highway 51 onto PP, and go 1 1/2 blocks).
This should be a good one considering how mild the weather has been. The
count has usually topped 100 species in recent years.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau